After a quiet few weeks, the Inforrm winter break ends today as the Hilary Legal Term for 2016 begins. The new legal term will run until 23 March 2016. We will resume our weekly Law and Media Round up on 18 January 2016.
We would, in the meantime, draw attention to two hearings this week. On 13 January 2016, there is an application in the case of Weston v Bates and on 15 January 2016 an application in the case of McGrath v Bedford.
We are aware of the following media law cases listed for the Hilary Term. Please let us know if any of the information below is inaccurate or if we have omitted any relevant cases:
- Hiranandani-Vandrevala v Times Newspapers Limited 19 January 2016, one day preliminary issue trial on meaning.
- White v Express Newspapers February 2016, Trial date still to be fixed. 2 days (see the “meaning capability decision”  EWHC 657 (QB))
- Barron MP v Vines 23 February 2016, One day Damages assessment (see the earlier decision  EWHC 1161 (QB)).
- Stocker v Stocker 29 February 2016, Trial, listed for 7 days (see the interim decision in June 2015  EWHC 1634 (QB)).
- Burrell v Clifford, 18 January 2016, 3 days, misuse of private information and breach of confidence (see our post on the unsuccessful strike out decision).
- Axon v Ministry Of Defence 29 February 2016, 5 days, misuse of private information and breach of confidence
- Leslie v NGN. 3 or 4 February 2016 (on appeal from  EWHC 125 (Ch))