Matrix chambers is delighted to announce that Sara Mansoori will be joining chambers as a member of its Media Law team as from 1 April 2011. Sara was called to the Bar in 1997 and, practised for 10 years at the well known media law set, 5RB. Since 2009 she has been a Senior Lawyer at the Ministry of Justice and is currently in the Human Rights and Information Team. She has now decided to return to the Bar and has accepted an invitation to join Matrix.
Sara’s cases include the following:
- Trafigura v Leigh Day, 2008/9 (junior counsel for Leigh Day in libel action involving one of the largest independent commodities traders and events which took place in Amsterdam and the Ivory Coast which raised issues of personal injury law, foreign law, shipping law and environmental law).
- Sophie Dahl v Express Newspapers, 2009 (counsel for the Claimant in passing off and data protection claim)
- Sir Martin Sorrell v Bennatti & others, 2007 (junior counsel for Sir Martin Sorrell in the first joint Internet libel and privacy case in relation to online publications)
- Gina Ford v Mumsnet, 2007 (counsel for Gina Ford in this case involving publications on an Internet message board)
- Victor Chandler (International) & Ors v Murray (counsel for sports betting company in action against former employee who had disclosed confidential information in this jurisdiction and abroad)
- David & Victoria Beckham v News Groups Newspapers Ltd, 2006 (junior counsel for the Beckhams in their libel action against The News of the World)
- David & Victoria Beckham v Abbie Gibson, 2006 (junior counsel for the Beckhams in breach of contract/ confidence action against their former nanny)
- Culnane v Morris & Naidu,  1 WLR 2880 (counsel for claimant in a High Court jury libel trial as sole advocate for defendant Liberal Democrat councillor & his agent against a BNP councillor in a case involving issues of election law)
- Simpson v Vale of Aylesbury PCT, 2005 (counsel for the defendant in High Court jury libel trial involving employment references and employment law)
- Rackham v Sandy & Ors, 2005 (junior counsel for defendant directors in judge-alone libel trial involving commercial and company legal issues)
- Sheikha Mouza al Misnad v Azzaman Ltd & Others, 2003 (junior counsel for wife of the Emir of Qatar in libel action involving foreign jurisdiction)
- Lillie and Reed v Newcastle City Council & Ors, 2002 (junior counsel for the City Council in one of the longest judge alone libel trials, this case relating to the publication of a local authority report on alleged wide scale child abuse)
- Berezovsky v Forbes Inc & Another, 2001 (junior counsel for the defendant US publisher in libel action brought by Russian businessman involving foreign jurisdiction issues).
- Rupert Allason v Random House UK Limited, 2001 (junior counsel for defendant publisher in intellectual property trial)